Friday, January 14, 2011

Smoothies

Since we arrived home, Brian and I have been enjoying fruit smoothies on almost a daily basis, putting my new hand-held blender to good use. The blender came with a handy mixing cup, which is large enough to make two small smoothies at the same time. I start with some frozen fruit (strawberries, sometimes with pineapple or mango or peach). Recently, I started adding some frozen cranberries, which adds a really nice flavor. Then I add a banana (always) and sometimes some pineapple tidbits (if I have some in the fridge). Finally, I add some yogurt and liquid (either milk or fruit juice). We have experimented with the flavor a little bit (different fruits, different yogurt flavors), and so far, we haven't found a bad combination.

Before: frozen strawberries, frozen cranberries, banana, pineapple, yogurt, pineapple juice, orange juice:


After: everything blended together into a delicious smoothie

No comments: